F452 – the revision guide covers the F452 course in Programming Techniques and Logical Methods specification in OCR’s AS Computing course. Each part of the specification is taken in turn and notes, past paper questions and the associated mark scheme answers are used to illustrate each section. We have found from personal experience that having covered the course throughout the year, students find it extremely helpful to conclude their preparation by going through past paper questions carefully in conjunction with a well written set of notes.
The OCR specification for this course covers the following topics.
- Designing solutions to problems
- The structure of procedural programs
- Data types and data structures
- Common facilities of procedural languages
- Writing maintainable programs
- Testing and running a solution